Alix Burns leads Bay Bridge Strategies, specializing in helping companies – from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 – keep pace with ever-changing technology innovations and the resulting policy implications. Alix applies strategic thinking, long-term expertise and dynamic advocacy to serve the needs of her clients.
At a Glance
- President, Bay Bridge Strategies
- Acting CEO, TechNet
- Vice President, TechNet
- Finance Director for Major States, 2000 Presidential Campaign of Vice President Al Gore
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Consulting
- Public Affairs
- Government Relations
- Coalition Building & Management
- Issue Advocacy Campaigns
- Grasstops & Grassroots
- Thought Leadership & Networking Events
- Tech & Telecom Policy
- Successfully led the campaign for technologies impacted by disparities in the 2015 Investment Tax Credit (ITC)
- Immigration Reform
- Energy Policy
- Financial Services: Housing Issues/Credit Scores Issues
- HomeStar Coalition
- CAFTA – US-Dominican Republic-Central America Free Trade Agreement
- BARDA – Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority
- America COMPETES Act – American Creating Opportunities to Meaningfully Promote Excellence in Technology, Education, and Science Act
- Advanced Research Projects Agency – Energy (ARPA-E)
Membership & Lectures
- Board Member, Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food & Agriculture
- Board Member, Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection at Georgetown University Law Center
- Board Member, Third Way
- Guest Lecturer, American University’s Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies
- BA, Political Science, University of Chicago
Alix Burns brings a broad range of professional experience to the table, allowing her to customize strategic plans for her clients to meet their specific needs. Her experiences in the private sector, political campaigns and in public affairs for a national technology association have provided Alix with the expertise to execute on the goals of her clients. With significant time spent on both coasts—in Silicon Valley and Washington—Alix has unique insights into the differing ways that practitioners, principals and policy makers approach problems and seek solutions.
Alix established Bay Bridge Strategies in 2006. Part of the Tiber Creek family of companies, Bay Bridge Strategies focuses on the technology economy from entrepreneurial start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to founding Bay Bridge Strategies, Alix served as Vice President of TechNet, a leading bipartisan network of CEOs and venture capitalists committed to the growth of the innovation and technology economies. In May of 2013, Alix was tapped as the Acting CEO of TechNet, leading the organization, its Executive Council, members and staff through a CEO search and restructure culminating in the successful hire of a top candidate and smooth transition for the organization.
During more than six years at TechNet, Alix worked directly with innovation leaders, entrepreneurs and policy leaders in Washington, DC and technology sectors nationwide, handling a number of issue campaigns and coalitions aimed at the advancement of technology policies in our society. She also spearheaded TechNet Day and the TechNet Innovation Summit. She served on the 2000 Presidential campaign of Vice President Al Gore as Finance Director for Major States.